Halloween is a fun celebration to decorate for and many go over the top while others stick to a simple pumpkin put out on Halloween night. I like to keep a good balance with a few simple items around the house to make it a little spookier for the occasion. This Creepy Crawly Bug Collection is a great craft to get your kids in on and is a fun piece of wall art to help celebrate Halloween.
Creepy Crawly Bug Collection
Assorted plastic bugs
Craft paint or spray paint
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by removing the inserts of your picture frame. You can discard or recycle the glass as you will no longer need it for this project.
2. Set the frame alone on a piece of newspaper. Apply two coats of paint to the frame so it is nicely coated. Allow it plenty of time to dry.
3. While the frame dries, cut a piece of scrap book paper to fit the frame. You can use the cardboard insert as a guide.
4. Attach the scrap book paper to the cardboard insert with some glue. This will help keep it in place.
5. You can now attach your bugs to the paper. Just add a little glue to the back of each and press it to the craft paper. Press firmly so the bug adheres well.
6. Continue arranging the bugs on the paper. Keep them spaced evenly so they look like a specimens display. If you wish, you can always place them on the paper without glue first, so you can be sure of your arrangement before gluing.
7. Once the bugs are in place, put the bug/paper/cardboard insert back into the frame. Secure it in place with the tabs that are usually behind the frame.
You can now display your creepy crawly bug collection!