Baby Bok Choy is more tender than the full grown plant. Even still this dish is delicious when prepared with a head of bok choy. Baby bok choy can be found in most grocery stores so this is a really accessible way to change up your usual vegetable side dish routine!
Braised Garlic Bok Choy
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Small bag of Baby Bok Choy
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup water or chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Cut your bok choy in half, length-wise then wash and pat dry.
- Heat the evoo in a large pan over medium-high heat then braise the bok choy, cut side down, for 1 min. Add the garlic.
- Check in a couple of minutes, making sure it's just turned to a golden brown color.
- Lower the heat, add stock and soy sauce, cover pan and allow it to cook for another 5 mins.
- Remove bok choy to serving platter and continue to cook the liquid until it's reduced for another 2 mins.
- Pour the reduced liquid over the bok choy right before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.