This braised garlic bok choy recipe is a delicious way to enjoy the flavors of this Chinese leafy green. It’s made with pork and simple ingredients you probably already have in your fridge or pantry!
Baby Bok Choy is more tender than the full grown plant. Even still this dish is delicious when prepared with a head of bok choy. Baby bok choy can be found in most grocery stores so this is a really accessible way to change up your usual vegetable side dish routine!
Braised Garlic Bok Choy
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Small bag of Baby Bok Choy
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup water or chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Sesame seeds, optional
- Cut your bok choy in half, length-wise then wash and pat dry.
- Heat the evoo in a large pan over medium-high heat then braise the bok choy, cut side down, for 1 min. Add the garlic.
- Check in a couple of minutes, making sure it's just turned to a golden brown color.
- Lower the heat, add stock and soy sauce, cover pan and allow it to cook for another 5 mins.
- Remove bok choy to serving platter and continue to cook the liquid until it's reduced for another 2 mins.
- Pour the reduced liquid over the bok choy right before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Liz Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys cooking and baking, food photography, and reading.