These Banana Split Bites are a healthy dessert or a fun after school snack for kids that is full of fruity flavour!
Banana Split Bites
1/4 lb Cored Pineapple
1 cup Dipping Chocolate
1/4 cup Chopped Peanuts
12 Popsicle Sticks (or skewers)
Cut strawberries in half.
For each strawberry half, cut an equal size piece of banana and pineapple.
Place pineapple on first, then banana and lastly strawberry.
Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
Line a tray with wax paper or parchment paper.
Put chopped nuts in small plate to use for dipping.
Melt chocolate by heating in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
Dip cold fruit in chocolate, then into nuts, then place on prepared tray.
Banana Split Bites
- 3 Bananas
- 1/4 lb Cored Pineapple
- 6 Strawberries
- 1 cup Dipping Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Chopped Peanuts
- 12 Popsicle Sticks, or skewers
- Cut strawberries in half.
- For each strawberry half, cut an equal size piece of banana and pineapple.
- Place pineapple on first, then banana and lastly strawberry.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Line a tray with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Put chopped nuts in small plate to use for dipping.
- Melt chocolate by heating in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip cold fruit in chocolate, then into nuts, then place on prepared tray.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Liz Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys cooking and baking, food photography, and reading.
Thursday 20th of October 2022
Could these be keto or low carb friendly?
Saturday 22nd of October 2022
No, bananas are too high in sugar for this to be Keto friendly unless you really limited your servings and used sugar-free chocolate.
Saturday 17th of October 2020
Perfect quick appetizer. My kid will love this for sure. Thanks for sharing such cute ideas.
Saturday 19th of May 2018
I made these for the kids and it was a big hit! So yummy and refreshing!
Monday 5th of March 2018
Made these with my 6 year old granddaughter as an after school snack, fun and easy! We also did some apple wedges, they turned out great as well, used Apple juice to keep them from browning.
Friday 29th of December 2017
Just wanted to leave the comment for anyone who asks, I approximated these at 62 calories per skewer. I didn't find any information on it, so I wanted to leave this here.