These Apple Dumplings are comforting, flaky and sweet – who knew Mountain Dew could be used to make such an amazing dessert?
2 can Crescent Rolls
1 cup Butter
1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 cup Mountain Dew
Preheat oven to 350.
Butter a 13×9 inch baking dish.
Peel and core apples. Cut each into 8 wedges
Roll each apple piece in a crescent roll and place in prepared dish. roksa.ch.
Melt butter in a saucepan and add sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
Cook on low until thickened.
Pour over dumplings.
- 2 can Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup Mountain Dew
- 2 Apples
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Peel and core apples. Cut each into 8 wedges
- Roll each apple piece in a crescent roll and place in prepared dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Cook on low until thickened.
- Pour over dumplings.
- Carefully, pour the soda into the middle and sides of baking dish, avoiding pouring onto rolls.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Liz Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys cooking and baking, food photography, and reading.