Last Updated on March 1, 2021
These Andes Mint Cupcakes are perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with! You will love the chocolate mint cupcakes full of so much flavor paired with a light and fluffy chocolate frosting.
Andes Mint Cupcakes
Makes: Approximately 20
1 1/2 Cups All-purpose Flour
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Milk (or substitute coffee to bring out chocolate flavor)
1/2 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
1 Teaspoon Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Egg (beaten)
10 Crushed Andes Mints (more if you want to incorporate into the batter)
2 3/4 Powdered Sugar
6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup Un-whipped Whipping Cream (or Milk)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Cool Whip (Optional)
Preheat the oven to 350. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease really well!
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder together. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk the milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla extract and egg until smooth.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
If you like, you can take a 1/2 cup of Andes Mints and fold it gently into the batter.
Fill the muffin tins to the halfway mark.
Bake for 15-17 minutes (depends on your oven) until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
While the cupcakes are baking, prep your frosting.
In a medium bowl, sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa.
In a large bowl or mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Slowly add in the sugar mixture. Once combined, add in the whipping cream followed by the vanilla. Combine until light and fluffy!
Optional- add in the Cool Whip to make it ultra fluffy, perfect for frosting these Andes Mint Cupcakes.
Once the cupcakes are cooled, top them with the chocolate frosting and sprinkle crushed Andes mints over the top.
- 1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust, 2 crusts
- 10 oz Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Sparkling Sugar
- Caramel Topping for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray or use silicone mat and set aside.
- Alow crusts to warm slightly to make them easier to work with.
- Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts.
- Pulse in food processor a couple of time or use a knife to chop pie filling into smaller pieces.
- Spread apples over top of 1 crust leaving about 1/8" uncovered at edges.
- Place other crust on top.
- Cut into 1/2" strips and then cut to fries sized lengths.
- Beat egg in bowl until well blended.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle lightly with sugar mixture.
- Then sprinkle with sparkling sugar to resemble salt.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g