Looking for a quick and easy way to decorate for Halloween? Look no further! This Doilie Spider Web Banner is full of creepy Halloween charm and can be put together in under 10 minutes plus it can be made for just $5!
Assorted white doilies (Find these at thrift stores or the dollar section at Michael’s Craft store)
Black or orange ribbon, thin
Assorted fake spiders
1. Begin by cutting a length of ribbon that is as long as you wish for the banner to be.
2. Fold each doilie in half over the ribbon. Be sure to line them up evenly.
3. Use some craft glue to secure the two halves together. Line them up evenly, dab on the glue, and press the edges together firmly.
4. Repeat the process until the doilies run along the length of the ribbon.
5. Embellish the doilie spider webs by adding the fake spiders. Add a dab of glue to the back of each spider and press it to the “web.” Repeat until all of the webs have spiders on them. You can use as many or as little as you would like! xannonce genève
To hang your spider web banner, just secure the ends of the ribbon with tape to a wall, banner, bookshelf, etc. Space the doilies out evenly once the banner is hung, as they may slide around when they are in transit.
Liz Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys cooking and baking, food photography, and reading.