These Apple Pie Fries are a fun dessert that look like french fries but taste like apple pie! Pie crust cut into strips and filled with apple pie filling then baked to crispy perfection. Dip them in caramel sauce to satisfy any sweet tooth!
Fall desserts are some of my favourite. My aunt and uncle used to have an apple orchard and after any visit we would come home laden with an abundance of different varieties of apples. Nothing speaks to apples like caramel when it comes to dessert. Peanut Butter and Jelly. Bacon and Eggs. Apples and Caramel. They just belong together.
I’ve shared a bunch of Caramel and Apple Desserts over the years with you. Like my Caramel Apple Cider Cookies. They are so simple and everyone always thinks they the perfect fall cookie.
While you are making these fun Apple Pie Fries, grab double the ingredients and make my Apple Pie Cookies too.
While these recipes make use of store bought crust and filling, you can make your own homemade pie crust and homemade apple pie filling.
Apple Pie Fries
1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)
10 oz Apple Pie Filling
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 cup Sugar
Caramel Topping for dipping
Preheat the oven to 350.
Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray or use silicone mat and set aside.
Alow crusts to warm slightly to make them easier to work with.
Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts.
Pulse in food processor a couple of time or use a knife to chop pie filling into smaller pieces.
Spread apples over top of 1 crust leaving about 1/8″ uncovered at edges.
Place other crust on top.
Cut into 1/2″ strips and then cut to fries sized lengths.
Beat egg in bowl until well blended.
Mix together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle lightly with sugar mixture.
Then sprinkle with sparkling sugar to resemble salt.
Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust, 2 crusts
- 10 oz Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Sparkling Sugar
- Caramel Topping for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray or use silicone mat and set aside.
- Alow crusts to warm slightly to make them easier to work with.
- Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts.
- Pulse in food processor a couple of time or use a knife to chop pie filling into smaller pieces.
- Spread apples over top of 1 crust leaving about 1/8" uncovered at edges.
- Place other crust on top.
- Cut into 1/2" strips and then cut to fries sized lengths.
- Beat egg in bowl until well blended.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle lightly with sugar mixture.
- Then sprinkle with sparkling sugar to resemble salt.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Liz Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys cooking and baking, food photography, and reading.
Saturday 18th of February 2023
This what a very good idea,Looks so good thanks.
Friday 16th of December 2022
Not a fan of this recipe even with leaving 1/8 of the edge uncovered, the minute I tried cutting them into strips all the filling came out. It just made a gaint mess on my counter. That and the top crust just kept sliding off the mixture because there was nothing called for to hold it in place.
Saturday 17th of December 2022
You really need to make sure the apple pie filling is chopped small enough. It can be a bit messy but most of the filling should stay in place.
Sunday 6th of November 2022
Hello my son is allergic to eggs, are there anything else that can be used for the egg wash as a substitute for it, that wont harden the crust or make it to crunchy or burn on it? Thanks!
Thursday 10th of November 2022
Cream or milk works really well!
valmg @ From Val's Kitchen
Friday 11th of September 2015
What a creative idea this is! I'd like to try these right now!